Entity Framework Core
With .NET 6 also comes a whole new Entity Framework Core.
A new implementation of EF, which can run cross-platform, on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Differences with .NET 4.x Entity Framework
- Scaffolding your project from an existing database
- Understanding the generated code
- Interacting with the database with LINQ
- LAB: Scaffolding your model from an existing database
Modeling your database with EF Core
Mapping in EF Core uses conventions, attributes, or Fluent API.
You will see how to use these to model your database in EF Core and apply the changes
with Code-first Migrations.
- Methods of configuration
- Creating and applying migrations
- Table and column mapping
- Modeling properties
- Mapping Value generated properties
- Handling Concurrent updates
- Modeling relationships
- Mapping inheritance
- LAB: Modelling a database with EF Core
This training will provide you with an in depth training on Entity Framework and shows you the
different code strategies in querying databases.
This course is meant for developers that have experience with ASP.NET Core MVC and/or Web API
and want to become a master in ASP.NET Core.