Day 1: General .NET technologies
Microsoft .NET, what is it all about?
.NET is a popular development platform, supporting multiple programming languages. With the release of .NET Core the framework became cross-platform, supporting now macOS and Linux, and with a lower footprint necessary for IoT scenarios.
- Developed and running applications with the .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Overview of the Microsoft developer tools: What is Visual Studio, C# and Azure DevOps?
- Common Language Runtime functionalities
- .NET on desktop, servers, mobile and IoT devices.
- .NET Framework vs .NET Core
Application Architectures in .NET
Microsoft .NET is a rich development model supporting different types of application with different architectures. This module will introduce the different libraries in .NET allowing you to build
web, Windows, mobile, service-oriented, database-driven... applications.
- .NET application architectures in common business scenarios
- ASP.NET and web-oriented architectures
- Mobile Development Technologies with Xamarin.
desktop applications with WPF
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides developers with a unified programming model for building desktop applications on Windows.
- Benefits of building Windows client applications
- WPF Fundamentals
- Click-Once Deployment
Working with Enterprise Data in .NET
Entity Framework (EF) is an object-relational mapper that enables .NET developers to work with relational data. It eliminates the need for most of the data-access code that developers usually need to write.
- Managing enterprise data with SQL Server or SQL Azure
- Using .NET in SQL Server
- Handling data with ADO.NET
- What is LINQ?
- Accessing data with Entity Framework
- Comparing ADO.NET, LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework
Application Lifecycle Management with Azure DevOps
Visual Studio Team Services allows you to plan, build, and ship software across a variety of platforms. If offers development teams key features like Version Control, Continuous Integration, Release Manamgement and Reporting.
- The Azure DevOps Ecosystem
- The role of Azure DevOps
- Work Item Tracking, Build Automation and Version Control with Git
- Continuous Integration
- Project Management and Reporting
- Agile and SCRUM Software Development
- Branching and Merging
Day 2: Web Technologies
High-level overview of the Web
In this module you will get familiar with the the fundamentals of web development. You will learn about the different technologies used in server side and front-end development.
- Static vs. dynamic web sites
- Client and server side coding
- Responsive web design: building cross-platform applications on the web
Microsoft Server side technologie: ASP.NET MVC
ASP.NET is a web framework part of .NET for building modern web apps and services with .NET. With the latest release of ASP.NET Core we know have two flavors of the framework to choose from.
- Using ASP.NET as your web application technology
- Comparing ASP.NET MVC vs ASP.NET Core
- Full stack web development
- Developing Mobile and Responsive web applications
Front-end web technologies
Front-end web development, also known as client-side development is the task of creating the user-facing side of the website, what each user will see. The technologies used are independent from the server-side technologies.
- Benefits of using front-end technologies
Building an API with ASP.NET Web API
In a lously couple architecture, services will connect the different tiers of your application. ASP.NET Web API is designed to build REST APIs.
- Introducing RESTful services.
- Evolution of Web Services technologies in .NET: .ASMX, WSE, WCF, Web API
- Building REST Services with ASP.NET Web API.
Microsoft Azure Overview for Developers
Microsoft Azure is Microsoft's cloud platform offering a collection of integrated cloud services providing SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and supporting many different programming languages, tools and frameworks.
- Overview of Microsoft Azure
- Usage Scenarios
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Azure core components: Azure Web Apps, Virtual Machines and SQL Azure
Microsoft Azure Active directory
Azure Active Directory is a cloud Identity Management service offering authentication and authorization for your cloud and mobile applications.
- Identity Management in the Cloud
- User and Group Management
- Directory Synchronization
- Single Sign-On and Federation
- Multi-Factor Authentication
Microsoft 365 is a subscription based cloud product of Microsoft that includes access to Windows 10 and many Office 365 applications like Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Key Office 365 Features: Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online
- Office 365 Subscription plans
- SharePoint Online Overview
- Building SharePoint and Office 365 Add-ins
- Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate
Microsoft offers an exciting set of software technologies for developing enterprise and consumer applications targeting different types of devices. A broad range of technologies as .NET, Microsoft Azure,
Visual Studio and Microsoft 365 and Power Platform will help developers to build effective and high quality applications on the Microsoft platform.
In this 2-day seminar, Microsoft Web and Windows development technologies will be positioned as
the platform for organizations on which its applications can be developed and
This seminar is intended for executive IT managers,
technical sales persons, project leaders and other IT professionals who are directly or indirectly involved with Microsoft development technologies.
As our seminar will not be about coding techniques, the only prerequisite we have
defined is that you come with an open mind.