Introduction to Power Apps Portals
This module introduces student with the Power Apps portal offering. You will learn how to provision a new Power Apps Portal and the different templates that are available.
- Overview of the Power Platform
- Introducing Microsoft Dataverse
- Using the Power Platform Admin Center
- Using the Power Apps Maker Portal/li>
- Creating a Portal from blank
- Creating a Portal from a template
- Power Apps Portals licensing
- Power Apps Portals and Dynamics 365
- LAB: Provisioning a Power Apps Portal
Getting started with Power Apps Portals
To manage and author content in a Power Apps Portal, Microsoft offers several tools. In this chapter you will learn about tools like Power Apps Studio, Power Apps Portal Studio and the Portal Management app.
These tools are used during the rest of the training while you author and configure your Portal.
- Overview of a Power App Portal
- lifecycle of a Portals
- Understanding Power Apps Portals Studio
- Authoring basic content in Power Apps Portals Studio
- Overview of the Portal Management app
- Managing a portal in the Portal Management app
- Configuring Portal settings
- Browsing and editing a portal
- Deleting portals
- Using XrmToolBox with portal apps/li>
- LAB: Browsing and understanding a Portal
Authoring basic Portal content
Learn all about creating authoring web pages using the WYSIWYG editor. See which components you can add to a Web Page and how to configure them.
See how you can configure a hierarchical sitemap of Web Pages to configure end-user navigation in the portal.
- Creating Web Pages
- Adding Sections
- Adding text, images, breadcrumbs, custom menus,...
- Working with Templates
- working with Themes and CSS
- Using the code editor
- Embedding Power BI Reports and Dashboards
- Configuring the Portal Navigation
- LAB: Authoring Portal Content
Authoring advanced Portal content
Most Power Apps Portals will need to display data that is stored inside Microsoft Dataverse.
In this chapter you will learn about creating Lists and Basic Forms to given site visitors the capabilities to view and edit Dataverse data.
Also learn about more advanced topics like content snippets, Web Files, creating Page Templates,...
- Working with Lists
- Working with basic and advanced Forms
- Creating Templates
- Configuring Web Files
- Configuring Content Snippets
- Configuring Web Pages and Links
- An introduction to the Liquid templating language
- LAB: Authoring advanced Portal content
Configuring Portal Security
Although a portal could be setup with anonymous access, most portals require some form of authentication. Learn about the supported authentication types and how to configure them.
Each authenticated user is associated with a contact record in Microsoft Dataverse. These users must be assigned to Web Roles to grant them permissions.
- Portal Authentication overview
- Configure Portal authentication with Azure AD, Facebook,...
- Configure contacts
- Invite contacts
- Creating Web Roles
- Configure table permissions
- Manage page permissions
- Create website access permissions
- LAB: Securing your Portal content
This training will teach App Makers the necessary skills to create a Power Apps Portal.
The main goal of a Power Apps portal is to build low-code external-facing web site that exposes Microsoft Dataverse data with external customers and partners.
External users can either access your Dataverse data anonymously or through commercial authentication providers like Azure AD B2C, Facebook, Google,...
This 2-day course is intended for app makers, consultants that need to build Power Apps Portals. Students need a basic understanding of the Power Apps platform.