What is Microsoft Purview?
This module introduces the basic features of Microsoft Purview.
- The need for a metadata catalog
- Purview features
- Quick comparison with Azure Data Catalog
Setting up a Purview account
In this module students learn how to setup and configure an Microsoft Purview account
- Creating an account via the portal
- Using ARM templates
- Inspecting the Purview account in the portal
- Versions and cost
- LAB: Provision a Microsoft Purview account
Microsoft Purview Governance Portal
Microsoft Purview Governance Portal is the web portal from which the Purview resources can be controlled and queried.
- Exploring the Microsoft Purview Governance Portal
- Creating Collection hierarchies
- Registering Sources
- Building glossaries
- Browsing the catalog
- Using the Purview Insights
To automate the process of collecting and updating the meta-data stored in Purview, scans need to be scheduled.
Scanning on-prem data requires an extra step of configuring a self-hosted integration runtime.
- Setting up a scan
- Scheduling a scan
- Using Azure Key Vault
- Setting up self-hosted integration runtimes
- LAB: configuring data scan
In this module we focus on the options to automatically or manually classify data fields as sensitive data.
- Importance of data sensitivity
- Microsoft Information Protection
- Configuring and inspecting data sensitivity
Purview for developers
If you want to integrate Microsoft Purview in your custom application, you can use the programmatic interface to
interact with Purview.
- Purview versus Apache Atlas
- Calling the API from PowerShell/li>
- LAB: interacting with Microsoft Purview via REST API
This one day training introduces the Microsoft Purview service which provides a 360 degree view on the meta-data stored
on-prem as well as in the cloud.
The training aims at people responsible for data governance using the Azure platform.
This training assumes students have basic familiarity with the Azure platform.