Cloud Security Overview
Security matters. Every company is faced with several kinds of attacks and must implement different tools to protect themselves.
- Threat Landscape
- Common Threats and Attack Types
- The Defender's Dilemma
- Identity and Access Management
- Threat Protection
- Security Management
- Information Protection
Securing Your Cloud Identities
The first thing you should protect are your identities. Especially in a cloud infrastructure, this should be your number one priority.
Azure Active Directory provides a lot of security related features to control access to your environment.
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Privileged Identity Management
- Identity Protection
- Conditional Access
- LAB: Securing Your Identities
Microsoft Defender for Identity
If your identities are hosted on-premises, Microsoft Defender for Identity can provide protection for Active Directory accounts.
- Microsoft Defender for Identity Features
- Configuring Defender for Identity
- Protecting Your Accounts
- Identify Threats: Reconnaissance and Lateral Movement
- Detect Pass-the-Hash and Pass-the-Ticket Attacks
- LAB: Microsoft Defender for Identity
Microsoft Defender for Office 365
Safeguard your organization against malicious threats from email messages, links and collaboration tools. Implement policies to detect malware, spam and phishing mails.
Define what action to take when malicious content is detected.
- Protect Against Malware, Spam, Phishing, Spoofing
- Email Authentication: SPF, DKIM and DMARC
- Attack Simulator
- Safe Attachments and Safe Links
- Threat Protection for Collaboration: SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
- Secure Score
- LAB: Microsoft Defender for Office 365
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Devices can get compromised because of missing updates or vulnerabilities in applications. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint provides you with an inventory and gives you
recommendations to make your environment more secure. This service also detects suspicious activities and alerts you about possible attacks.
- Protect Your Devices
- Onboarding Devices
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Secure Score for Devices
- LAB: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
In this cloud-based world, it can become difficult to find the right balance between flexibility for your users and protecting your critical data.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps acts as a gatekeeper to broker access between your users and the cloud apps they use. At the same time, it can safeguard your sensitive information.
- Cloud Discovery
- App Connectors
- Control Access to Apps with Policies
- Conditional Access App Control
- Protect Sensitive Information
- LAB: Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
Detect and Stop attacks with Microsoft 365 Defender
So many different tools that collect so much information. You may be flooded with information. Microsoft 365 Defender brings it all together. It gives you better insights
in attacks by showing you the devices, identities and apps that were involved. You can hunt for threats and be proactive, making sure the attacker doesn't stand a chance.
- Protect Your Environment
- Onboard Security Services
- Attack Investigation
- Threat Hunting
- LAB: Microsoft 365 Defender
Information Governance and Protection
Microsoft 365 is designed to help meet your organization’s needs for content security and data usage compliance with legal, regulatory, and technical standards.
You must be able to protect your sensitive data by implementing rules and conditions to control access and secure files and services. You should be able to define how long data is kept and when it must be deleted.
- Microsoft Purview Compliance Portal Overview
- Sensitive Information Types
- Trainable Classifiers
- Sensitivity Labels
- Data Loss Prevention
- Retention Labels and Policies
- Communication Compliance
- LAB: Information Governance and Protection
Information Insights and Discovery
Find out what is going on in your organization by checking Audit logs and running eDiscovery searches.
Compare your configuration with a predefined set of policies and get recommendations on how to improve your compliance score.
Manage insider risks and control data privacy.
- Auditing and Alert Policies
- Compliance Manager
- Data Classification
- Insider Risk Management
- Privacy Management
- LAB: Information Insights and Discovery
Securing your on-prem or cloud infrastructure can be complex and challenging in today's world where users are working from any location on different devices.
To support organizations in protecting themselves from several kinds of attacks, Microsoft offers a broad range of cloud security services.
This 3-day training will make you familiar with the following services: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Defender for Office 365,
Microsoft Defender for Identity and Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. These tools will help you to protect and secure your identities,
your devices, your apps and your information in Microsoft 365.
Companies need to comply with various rules and regulations. Microsoft 365 can help you to achieve information protection and governance by implementing
data-loss prevention policies, sensitivity and retention labels and eDiscovery.
This course is intended for IT professional specialists responsible for securing and governing the cloud IT environment.