In this module we'll take a first look at the language and how to make our lives easier by using it efficiently.
- What is ECMAScript?
- Picking the right Libraries
- Developer Tools
so we'll try to explain a couple of its quirks as well. This way, we can avoid surprises later.
- Using Variables
- Primitives and Objects
- Functions: more powerful than you'd expect
- Understanding Scope
- Strict Mode
- Error Handling
Collections are a big part of OO programming, they allow you to map one-to-many or many-to-many relationships,
as well as let you work with sets of data.
- Storing multiple values in Arrays
- Useful Functions and Operators
- Using Objects as Maps
- Sets, Maps and Others
sugar on top of Constructors and Prototypes. We'll take a close-up in this module.
- Creating your own Objects using Constructors
- Class syntax
- Using Properties to encapsulate your fields
- The 'this' keyword explained
- LAB - Constructors and Classes
lot of code. In this module we'll see how to make our code run asynchronously.
- Using Callbacks
- Event Handling
- Working with Promises
- Async and Await
- LAB - Dealing with Async Code
and definitely use Babel. It's soo good...
be quite the challenge. It's easy to get lost in the overwhelming amount of tools and best practices.
- Using Libraries
- Content Delivery Networks
- Getting Libraries with npm
- Modules versus the Global Object
- Using Task Runners like Gulp
- Bundling and Minification Tools like WebPack
- PolyFills and Transpilers like Babel and TypeScript
- Tools for Code Quality
- LAB - Structuring an Application
This module is about communicating with the backend. REST allows client-server communication using HTTP.
- Verbs and URLs
- XML and JSON format
- Example with node.js and Express
- LAB - REST Services
Client-side Service Consumption with Vue.js
By using AJAX we can call server-side actions from our client-side code and process the results in a quick,
In this chapter you will also get an introduction to a popular data binding framework: Vue.js.
We will see how we can talk to a REST API from this framework.
- Getting data using AJAX
- Fetch API
- External Libraries
- Vue.js Essentials
- Loading Data in a Vue Application
- LAB - Consuming REST Services
browser, desktop, phone or tablet. This course is the primer you need
with node, mobile apps, office extensions, tools, machine learning,... The list goes on.
of the server-side technology you are using, so feel free to attend whether you use PHP, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby
on Rails... A basic understanding of programming - in whatever language - is advised.