In this module we'll take a first look at the language and how to make our lives easier by using it efficiently.
- What is ECMAScript?
- Picking the right Libraries
- Developer Tools
so we'll try to explain a couple of its quirks as well. This way, we can avoid surprises later.
- Using Variables
- Primitives and Objects
- Functions: more powerful than you'd expect
- Understanding Scope
- Strict Mode
- Error Handling
Collections are a big part of OO programming, they allow you to map one-to-many or many-to-many relationships,
as well as let you work with sets of data.
- Storing multiple values in Arrays
- Useful Functions and Operators
- Using Objects as Maps
- Sets, Maps and Others
sugar on top of Constructors and Prototypes. We'll take a close-up in this module.
- Creating your own Objects using Constructors
- Class syntax
- Using Properties to encapsulate your fields
- The 'this' keyword explained
lot of code. In this module we'll see how to make our code run asynchronously.
- Using Callbacks
- Event Handling
- Working with Promises
- Async and Await
and definitely use Babel. It's soo good...
be quite the challenge. It's easy to get lost in the overwhelming amount of tools and best practices.
- Using Libraries
- Content Delivery Networks
- Getting Libraries with npm
- Modules versus the Global Object
- Using Task Runners like Gulp
- Bundling and Minification Tools like WebPack
- PolyFills and Transpilers like Babel and TypeScript
- Tools for Code Quality
Browser Interaction with Vue JS
for DOM interaction. These days you split up your UI into components and use techniques like data binding to build a
clean and maintainable application. In this module we'll take a look at one of those libraries: Vue JS.
- Evolution in Web Development
- MVVM and Data Binding
- Components Basics
- Using Multiple Components
This module is about communicating with the backend. REST allows client-server communication using HTTP.
- Verbs and URLs
- XML and JSON format
- Example with node.js and Express
Client-side Service Consumption
By using AJAX we can call server-side actions from our client-side code and process the results in a quick,
- Getting data using AJAX
- Fetch API
- External Libraries
browser, desktop, phone or tablet. This course is the primer you need
with node, mobile apps, office extensions, tools, machine learning,... The list goes on.
of the server-side technology you are using, so feel free to attend whether you use PHP, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby
on Rails... A basic understanding of programming - in whatever language - is advised.