Microsoft 365 Employee Experiences with Microsoft Viva, Teams and SharePoint
Microsoft 365 is a Microsoft cloud service that includes access to Office applications,
Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online and many other services.
In this module we will introduce all Microsoft 365 apps important for creating a unified employee experience within the platform.
- Understanding Microsoft 365
- The 4 components if Microsoft Viva
- Introducing SharePoint Online Collaboration and Communication
- Is Microsoft Viva the new Intranet?
- Collaboration with Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft 365 and Viva Licensing
- SharePoint Online feature overview
- LAB: Setup your Microsoft 365 Tenant with Microsoft Viva
Building Modern Intranet Environments in SharePoint Online
In this chapter we look at how we can plan and create an intelligent intranet environment in SharePoint Online by using Hub Sites and by configuring the SharePoint Home Site and Global Navigation.
Both functionalities are required for using Viva Connections later.
- What is a SharePoint Site?
- Team Sites vs. Communication Sites
- Structuring your intranet with Hub Sites
- Configuring Hub Site Settings
- Hub Site content aggregation
- Configuring the Home Site
- Planning Global, Hub and Local Navigation
- Working with Modern Site Pages
- LAB: Designing and Configuring a Hub Site Intranet
Viva Connections provides a personalized gateway to your digital workplace where employees can access internal communications, resources and links, all from a singlen, personal and customizable app in Microsoft Teams.
- Introducing Microsoft Viva Connections
- Configuring SharePoint Online prerequisites
- Setup Viva Connections
- The Viva Connections feed
- Authoring a Microsoft Viva Connections Dashboard in SharePoint
- Branding and Deploying the Viva Connections app in Microsoft Teams
- Push Viva Connections to Users with Microsoft Teams App Policies
- LAB: Branding, Configuring and Deploying the Microsoft Viva Connections App
Microsoft Search helps you find what you need to complete what you're working on. Whether you are searching for people, files, org charts, sites,
or answers to common questions, you can use Microsoft Search throughout your workday to get answers.
Integrate and customize extra data with result sources and customizations.
- What is Microsoft Search?
- Search Query Syntax
- Managing the Search Schema
- Manage Bookmarks, Acronyms, Floor Plans, Locations and Q&A
- Index third-party data with Microsoft Graph Connectors
- Customize the end-user UX: Verticals, Result types and Search Result Layouts
- LAB: Use, Customize and Extend Microsoft Search
Microsoft Viva brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights into an employee experience
that integrates seamlessly into the apps you use every day, such as Microsoft Teams.
Learn about Personal, Manager and Leader Insights in this overview chapter.
- What is Viva Insights?
- Setup Viva Insights and Licensing
- Personal Insights
- Manager Insights
- Leader Insights
- Advanced and Custom Insights Capabilities
Easily centralize learning material with Viva Learning content. Use existing training platforms and custom content from one single Teams App.
Customize the experience based on user interest.
- What is Viva Learning?
- Setup Viva Learning
- Create Custom Learning Content
- LAB - Setup Viva Learning and Custom Learning Content
Viva Topics exposes common company topic information to users throughout the Microsoft 365 platform.
Topics are automatically highlighted within conversations and documents across Microsoft 365 and Teams and expose topic cards linking to topic pages.
Clicking on a card opens a topic page with related documents, conversations, videos and people.
- What are Topics?
- Setup Viva Topics
- Reviewing AI suggested Topics
- Create and edit Topics Manually
- Manage Topic Discovery and Visibility
- Viva Topics and Microsoft Search
- LAB: Setup and Manage Viva Topics
SharePoint Syntex is a content management solution that uses AI to turn unstructured files
into organized information to help you find, protect, and automate business practices.
Syntex enriches content with metadata, making it easier to turn that content into knowledge for
Microsoft Search and Viva Topics.
- Document Understanding and Form Processing
- Creating and Publishing Models
- Trainable Classifiers and Extractors
- Handling Retention and Sensitivity Labels
- Working with Term Sets
- LAB: Using Syntex to Transform Documents Into Metadata
Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Viva bring together communication, knowledge, learning and insights into an integrated experience that empowers people and teams to be their best, from anywhere.
Powered by the full depth of Microsoft 365 and built on the success of Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva offers a suite of solutions dedicated to the employee experience.
In this course you will get hands-on experience with a variety of Microsoft 365 products, enabling you to improve the experience of your colleagues with the platform.
You will learn how to build intelligent intranet environments with SharePoint Online and Viva Connections. You will see how Microsoft Teams can be setup so employees can access internal communications and resources with ease.
Next, you will discover how to use and customize search, and setup discovery of relevant information with Viva Topics, Viva Learning and Microsoft Search.
We will also see how SharePoint Syntex can further improve the smart experience Microsoft 365 offers.
This course targets both IT professionals and business users interested in learning the ins and outs of building a true employee experience with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Viva.
Basic experience with Microsoft 365/Office 365 is advised.