Explore Identity in Azure AD (optional)
This is an optional entry level module covering the basic concepts of identity and access management with Azure AD. Learn the definitions and purpose of Zero Trust, Authentication, Authorization, Tokens, and other identity related topics.
- What is identity in Azure
Implement an identity management solution
Learn to create and manage your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) implementation and configure the users, groups, and external identities you will use to run your solution. You will also learn to configure and manager a hybrid identity solution.
- Configure and manage Azure Active Directory
- Create, configure, and manage identities
- Implement and manage external identities
- Implement and manage hybrid identities
- Lab: Manage user roles
- Lab: Working with tenant properties
- Lab: Assigning license using group membership
- Lab: Configure external collaboration settings
- Lab: Add guest users to the directory
- Lab: Add a federated identity provider
- Lab: Add hybrid identity with Azure AD Connect
Implement an authentication and access management solution
Implement and administer your access management using Azure AD. Use MFA, Conditional Access, and identity protection to manager your identity solution.
- Plan and implement multifactor authentication (MFA)
- Manage user authentication
- Plan, implement, and administer conditional access
- Manage identity protection
- Implement access management for Azure resources
- Lab: Enable sign-in and user-risk policies
- Lab: Configure an Azure AD Multi-factor Authentication registration policy
- Lab: Use Azure Key Vault for managed identities
- Lab: Implement and test a conditional access policy
- Lab: Manage Azure AD smart lockout values
- Lab: Assign Azure resource roles in Privileged Identity Management
- Lab: Azure AD authentication for Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Lab: Enable Azure AD self-service password reset
- Lab: Enable Azure AD Multi-factor Authentication
Implement access management for apps
Explore how applications can and should be added to your identity and access solution with application registration in Azure AD. Register and manage new application in your environment.
- Plan and design the integration of Enterprise Apps for SSO
- Implement and monitor the integration of Enterprise Apps and configure for SSO
- Implement app registration
- Lab: Defender for Cloud Apps access policies
- Lab: Register an application
- Lab: Implement access management for apps
- Lab: Grant tenant-wide admin consent to an application
Plan and implement an Identity Governance strategy
Design and implement identity governance for your identity solution using entitlement, access reviews, privileged access, and monitoring your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Plan and implement entitlement management
- Plan, implement, and manager access reviews
- Plan and implement privileged access
- Monitor and maintain Azure Active Directory
- Lab: Create access reviews for internal and external users
- Lab: Manage the lifecycle of external users in Azure AD Identity Governance settings
- Lab: Create and manage a catalog of resources in Azure AD entitlement management
- Lab: Configure Privileged Identity Management (PIM) for Azure AD roles
- Lab: Explore Microsoft Sentinel and use Kusto Queries for reviewing Azure AD data sources
- Lab: Monitor and manage your security posture with Identity Secure Score
This course provides IT Identity and Access Professional, along with IT Security Professional, with the knowledge and skills needed to implement identity management solutions based on Microsoft Azure AD, and it connected identity technologies. This course includes identity content for Azure AD, enterprise application registration, conditional access, identity governance, and other identity tools.
This course is for the Identity and Access Administrators who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing identity and access administration tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an administrator or engineer that wants to specialize in providing identity solutions and access management systems for Azure-based solutions; playing an integral role in protecting an organization.