the what and the why of node.js. You'll see that even for a PHP or an ASP.NET developer, node.js will become an
- Why Node.js?
- Event-Driven and Non-Blocking Execution Environment
- Understanding and Using Asynchronous Control Flows
- CommonJS Modules
- Installing External Modules with the Node Package Manager
- Using Express
Run everywhere with Progressive Web Applications
Enhance your userbase by making your web applications installable, usable offline, and let them send push notifications to your users for better engagement.
- What are Progressive Web Applications?
- The main components you need for a PWA>
- Creating a PWA step by step
Write easier and more maintainable CSS with SASS
Everybody loves CSS. Haha, just kidding. Using SASS however makes it more bearable by using constructs that you
and love from programming languages.
- SASS, the Dynamic Stylesheet Language
- Compiling SASS into CSS
- Defining Variables and Types
- Using Nested Rules and Properties
- Using Partials, Extend, Mixins and Functions
Responsive web design with Bootstrap
Your web site needs to look fabulous on any device; whether it's a laptop, tablet or phone. Let's bootstrap be
in the messy world of media queries.
- Normalizing and Resetting
- The Grid System
- Utility classes
- Base Bootstrap CSS
- Customizing look and feel
- Components: navigation, popovers ...
Bundling with Webpack
Imports in Java and C++, usings in C#, ... These are so much nicer than lettings scripts talk to each other by
- Using and Running Webpack
- Working with Multiple Entries and Outputs
Unit Testing with Jasmine and Karma
guarantee its quality you need tests. Jasmine is a standalone test framework that you can use to test any piece
- Challenges for Testing
- Writing Testable Code
- Common Scenarios
- Karma Configuration
- End-to-end Testing
Ever forgotten to update a part of your UI once your data changed? This is because If-This-Than-That code is
quite difficult to maintain. By using a reactive approach, you won't even have to think about that anymore.
RxJS has a steep learning curve. But once you master it, there is no going back.
- What are Reactive Extensions
- Observable and Observer
- Cold versus Hot Observables
- Making Async Calls
- Combining Observables
- Error Handling
- Dealing with Backpressure
Component based development with React
Using Web components is the new way of writing web applications. By splitting things up into easy-to-understand
you can build complex applications without a hassle. While we wait for a standard to be implemented, we can
use the power of Web Components by using Facebook's fabulous React.
- React Components
- The Virtual DOM
- SPA with React
people still use an old browser. To bridge this gap, you can harvest the power of TypeScript. Not only does it
which makes things a lot easier when having large amounts of code.
- Implementing Types, Interfaces, Classes and Inheritance
- Namespaces and Modules
The world of web development keeps expanding as new frameworks, libraries and plugins are created every day.
will keep you up to date with all the cool toys and the most popular libraries out there today. We look at
This course targets professional web developers who are looking for ways to improve their productivity with