Positioning SharePoint Online and Office 365
Office 365 is a Microsoft cloud service that includes access to Office applications, Exchange Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online plus many other services. In this chapter we will explain the importance of SharePoint Online and the integration it has with many of the other Office 365 services.
- Understanding Office 365
- Overview of Office 365 Services
- Working with SharePoint Home
- Office 365 Groups
- Classic vs Modern UI in SharePoint Online
- Team Site vs Communication Site
SharePoint Modern Team Sites
Team sites have always been at the heart of collaboration with SharePoint. They connect your team with the content, the information and the apps you rely on.
The modernized team site experience offers an engaging home page, revitalized libraries and lists and a new page authoring and publishing experience.
- Creating Modern Team Sites
- The Modern SharePoint UI
- Site information and Site Settings
- Configuring Navigation
- Integrating Office 365 Group Services
- SharePoint Mobile App
The modern experience offers revitalized libraries and lists that enable immediate productivity with an intuitive user experience and provide rich metadata and content management functionalities.
- Creating Modern Lists
- Changing columns in a List
- Working with different Views
- Working with the Filter and Details Pane
- Providing reusable metadata with site columns and content types
- Managing deleted content with the recycle bin
Modern Document Libraries
Modern document libraries have an updated user interface that offers an experience which is more intuitive to create a new folder and upload files in the browser.
The ribbon has been replaced with a trimmed command bar, which provides intelligent commands relevant to the tasks at hand.
- Storing documents in your Document Libraries
- Managing Versions
- Co-Authoring on Office documents
- Configuring check-out and approval
- Managing alerts on lists and libraries
- Discovering data with Microsoft Office Delve
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business provides a place in the cloud where you can store, share, and sync your work files. You can update and share your files from any device with OneDrive for Business
- Store Work Files in OneDrive for Business
- OneDrive Mobile Apps
- Synchronize your documents with different devices
- Different Sync Clients
Working with Pages
The modernized team site experience offers a new page authoring and publishing experience that allows you to create beautiful,
feature-rich pages that are responsive, mobile and easy to share with your team and the organization.
- The Modern Site Pages
- Authoring and publishing a Site Page
- Discovering the different available web parts
- Managing News in your site
You will handle information that is probably stored across different software suites,
like SharePoint, Salesforce, Excel file, DropBox ... Microsoft PowerApps allows people, without any development
skills, to build mobile applications on top of their data. Allowing other people to use the app to browse and modify the data. Furthermore, PowerApps allows you to create visually rich, well formatted forms for SharePoint lists.
- What is Microsoft PowerApps?
- Build a PowerApp from a template
- Customize a PowerApp with formatting, validation, events, ...
- Making a PowerApp available to your users
- Integrating PowerApps in your SharePoint sites
- Replacing SharePoint forms with PowerApps
Microsoft Flow automates business processes across the growing number of apps and SaaS services that business users rely on. Microsoft Flow contains a deep integration with SharePoint, which allows you to create and launch Flows directly from a SharePoint list or Document Library.
- What is Microsoft Flow?
- Building flows using the browser
- Microsoft Flow mobile application
- Using Microsoft Flow from within SharePoint Online
SharePoint User Management
With the new modern Team Sites, it has never been easier to share content. Whether you are inside a SharePoint site, using the web browser, or in an Office client application, or in a synced OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer... you can quickly grant access to other people; inside or outside your organization. This module will illustrate how modern sites handle the users that have access to your site, and how you control what those users can do.
- Simplified access with Site Owners, Site Members and Site Visitors
- Configuring Site Permissions and Group Membership
- Sharing documents with internal and external users
- What are the available Sharing Options?
SharePoint Communication Sites offer you a great way to share information with others in your organization. You can share news, reports and other information in a visually attractive format. Site designs will allow you to quickly get started with a preconfigured site with the appropriate web parts by default provisioned.
- Building Portals with SharePoint Communication Sites
- Benefits of SharePoint Communications Sites
- Working with Site Designs and Column Layouts
- Managing and Publishing Content