Introduction to the Microsoft Power Platform
The Microsoft Power Platform is a set of services and tools that make it easy for users to quickly build custom business solutions that are accessible on different platforms.
In this chapter we will have a look at the basic concepts of these services and tools.
- What is the Microsoft Power Platform?
- Licensing Overview
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Apps overview
- Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Products overview
- Dynamics 365 Solutions concept
- PowerApps essentials
- Flow essentials
- Power BI essentials
- Common Data Service and Model
The Common Data Service
The Common Data Service is a database service based on the Common Data Model. It hosts the data of Dynamics 365 applications.
This data model can be customized and consumed from applications like PowerApps, Power BI and Flow.
- Common Data Service Overview
- Common Data Model: Entities, Fields, Relationships
- Environments and databases
- Customizing a database
- Importing and/or synchronizing data from other sources
- Integrating your own data with Custom Connectors
- Integrating on-premise data with Gateways
Integrating the Common Data Service
In this module, we will look at the different integration possibilities the Common Data Service offers us.
How do we report on data using Power BI? How do we consume the CDS from PowerApps and Flow?
- Building Model Driven Apps with PowerApps
- Building a CDS consuming Canvas App with PowerApps
- Using Flow to respond to or make data changes in the CDS
- Report on CDS data using Power BI
A recent addition to the Microsoft Power Platform is the AI Builder.
It offers an User Interface to integrate Microsoft's AI platform with Common Data Service data, to get insights or to enrich the data.
- AI Builder capabilities
- Using AI Builder from the Microsoft Power Platform
PowerApps Portals allows usto build responsive web applications for sharing content or to provide externals to access data from the Microsoft Power Platform.
- PowerApps Portals
- Sharing Data
- Provide an interactive experience
Working with Solutions
Solutions are packages that group together functionality in the Microsoft Power Platform. We can use them to move our customizations between environments and tenants.
- What is a solution
- Creating custom solutions
- Overview of solution components
- Exporting and importing solutions
In recent years Microsoft has invested a lot in the Microsoft Power Platform.
The Microsoft Power Platform brings together the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Unified Operations apps with PowerApps, Flow and Power BI.
Tying it all together in the background is the Common Data Service. Our data, solutions and customizations are stored in this database system.
This course will show you the internals of the CDS. You will learn about the Power Platform, get insights on the Common Data Model and be able to customize it.
This course targets power users, data professionals, business analysts and developers who need to start working with the Power Platform and the Common Data Service.
No prior knowledge of the products is required.