for writing just two lines of code to automatically check a checkbox. It is THE cross-platform language of today.
the what and the why of node.js. You'll see that even for a PHP or an ASP.NET developer, node.js will become an indispensable
- Why Node.js?
- Event-driven and non-blocking execution environment
- Understanding and using asynchronous control flows
- Importing and exporting CommonJS Modules
- Installing external modules with the Node Package Manager
- Creating a basic http server
Automating tasks with Gulp
Minify code, start your test, build code. Stupid manual things a developer has to do over and over again. Unless there's
a way to automate this...
- Running tasks with Gulp
- Understanding Globs
- Gulp primitives
- Some examples
Write easier and more maintainable CSS with SASS
Everybody loves CSS. Haha, just kidding. Using SASS however makes it more bearable by using constructs that you know
and love from programming languages.
- SASS, the dynamic stylesheet language
- Compiling SASS into CSS
- Defining variables and types
- Using nested rules and properties
- Using partials, extend, mixins and functions
Responsive web design with Bootstrap
Your web site needs to look fabulous on any device; whether it's a laptop, tablet or phone. Let's bootstrap be your guide
in the messy world of media queries.
- Normalizing and Resetting
- The Grid System
- Utility classes
- Base Bootstrap CSS
- Customizing look and feel
- Components: navigation, popovers ...
Bundling with Webpack
Imports in Java and C++, usings in C#, ... These are so much nicer than lettings scripts talk to each other by using
- Using and Running Webpack
- Working with Multiple Entries and Outputs
Unit Testing with Jasmine and Karma
guarantee its quality you need tests. Jasmine is a standalone test framework that you can use to test any piece of
- Challenges for testing
- Writing testable code
- Common scenarios
- Karma configuration
- End to end testing
to acquire them. With this module we'll get you up to speed.
- Current State and Support
- Modules and Classes
- Additions to the Core Library
- Miscellaneous Features
- Using EcmaScript 2015+ Today
- The Future of EcmaScript
Component based development with React
Using Web components is the new way of writing web applications. By splitting things up into easy-to-understand components,
you can build complex applications without a hassle. While we wait for a standard to be implemented, we can already
use the power of Web Components by using FaceBook's fabulous React.
- React Components
- The Virtual DOM
- SPA with React
people still use an old browser. To bridge this gap, you can harvest the power of TypeScript. Not only does it allow
which makes things a lot easier when having large amounts of code.
- Implementing Types, Interfaces, Classes and Inheritance
- Namespaces and Modules
The world of web development keeps expanding as new frameworks, libraries and plugins are created every day. This training
will keep you up to date with all the cool toys and the most popular libraries out there today. We look at libraries