- Shims, Shivs, and Polyfills
- Editors and the F12 Tools
- Key Parts of a Script
The Document Object Model
short. In this module we explore working with Elements and DOM objects.
- The DOM
- Accessing Objects from the DOM
- Responding to Events
- Adding Elements to the DOM
Introduction to jQuery
quick update. In this module we will exploring using the jQuery library to search for, and modify, elements in the DOM.
- Downloading the jQuery Library
- jQuery Versions
- Linking to the Library
- Selecting Elements using jQuery
- Working with the Data Returned by jQuery
- Setting CSS Properties
- Running a Function Against the jQuery Return Set
Ajax and Web Services
This module explores web services and the use of Ajax to call those services.
- Web Services
- HTTP Verbs
- Data Formats – XML and JSON
- RESTful Web Services
- OData Queries
- OData Updates
Diving in Deeper
more on Scopes, Hoisting, Creating and Deleting, Functions: Anonymous functions, Closures, Self-invoking functions, the “this” keyword and the Module Pattern, more on error handling, and recursion.
- Data Types and Objects
- Extending Data Types
- Variables, Scopes and Hoisting
- The “this” Keyword
course includes detailed hands-on labs and Q&A labs. The labs include
multiple projects that update an existing web site.
This course is intended for