The Role of the Site Owner
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and the role of the Site Owner.
- The Role of the Site Owner
- Work Areas for Site Owners
- Browser Support
Users, Groups and Permissions
This module covers the management of SharePoint user and content security at the site, list, library, folder and item levels.
- SharePoint Security
- Users and Groups
- Permission Levels
- Adding and Removing Users
- Creating SharePoint Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- List and Library Permissions
- Checking Permissions
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
Site and Site Collection Features
This module covers the use of SharePoint Features to add and remove functionality for sites and site collections.
- SharePoint Features
- Features for Site Owners
- Features for Site Collection Administrators
Managing Sites and Pages
This module explores the creation and configuration of subsites and pages.
- Creating Subsites
- Deleting Subsites
- Changing the Look and Feel
- Site Navigation
- Save Site as Template
- Search Visibility for the Site
- Creating Pages
- Working with Web Parts
Working with Lists and Libraries
This module explains how to create and configure out of the box and custom lists and libraries. It covers how to configure and work with features such as Content Approval, Versioning and Views.
- Creating Lists and Libraries
- Deleting Lists and Libraries
- List Settings
- Viewing Files using Office Online Server
- Content Approval
- Search Visibility
- List and Library Versioning Options
- Checking Documents Out and In
- Adding and Configuring Columns
- Column and Item Validation
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
Monitoring Site Activity
This module explores the Site Activity reports available to Site Owners and Site Collection Administrators.
- SharePoint Reporting
- Storage Metrics
- Popularity Trends
- Search Reports
SharePoint Apps and Add-ins (Optional)
This module explores SharePoint Apps and Add-ins.
- What is an App?
- What is an Add-in?
- Working with Add-ins
- Adding Add-ins
- The SharePoint Store
- The App Catalog
This two day class is designed for information workers or
power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection
Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to
manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of
Microsoft SharePoint 2016 sites. This class compliments the 20339-1 course by
providing IT Pros with the foundation of permissions and site collection
SharePoint Site Owners
SharePoint Power Users
SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
SharePoint Administrators and Developers