Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
This module introduces key BI concepts and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
Creating Multidimensional Databases
This module describes the steps required to create a multidimensional database with analysis services.
- Introduction to multidimensional analysis
- Creating data sources and data source views
- Creating a cube
- Overview of cube security
Working with Cubes and Dimensions
This module describes how to implement dimensions in a cube.
- Configuring dimensions
- Define attribute hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping attributes
Working with Measures and Measure Groups
This module describes how to implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Working with measures
- Working with measure groups
Introduction to MDX
This module describes the MDX syntax and how to use MDX.
- MDX fundamentals
- Adding calculations to a cube
- Using MDX to query a cube
Customizing Cube Functionality
This module describes how to customize a cube.
- Implementing key performance indicators
- Implementing actions
- Implementing perspectives
- Implementing translations
Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
This module describes how to implement a tabular data model in PowerPivot.
- Introduction to tabular data models
- Creating a tabular data model
- Using an analysis services tabular model in an enterprise BI solution
Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
This module describes how to use DAX to create measures and calculated columns in a tabular data model.
- DAX fundamentals
- Using DAX to create calculated columns and measures in a tabular data model
Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
This module describes how to use data mining for predictive analysis.
- Overview of data mining
- Using the data mining add-in for Excel
- Creating a custom data mining solution
- Validating a data mining model
- Connecting to and consuming a data mining model
three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who fulfil a
Business Intelligence (BI) developer role. This course looks at implementing
multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and at
creating tabular semantic data models for analysis with SSAS.
The primary audience for this course are database
professionals who need to fulfil BI Developer role to create enterprise BI
Primary responsibilities will