Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
This module describes the key features and enhancements in Exchange Server 2016. The module also describes the deployment requirements and options for implementing Exchange Server 2016.
- Overview of Exchange Server 2016
- Requirements and deployment options for Exchange Server 2016
Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 servers
This module describes the built-in management tools that you can use to manage maintain and maintain Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains the features and functionality of a Mailbox server role and procedures for configuring a Mailbox server.
- Exchange Server 2016 management
- Overview of the Exchange 2016 Mailbox server
- Configuring Mailbox servers
Managing recipient objects
This module describes the types of recipient objects in Exchange Server 2016, and explains how to manage these objects. The module also describes how to manage address lists and policies on the Mailbox server role.
- Exchange Server 2016 recipients
- Managing Exchange Server recipients
- Configuring address lists and policies
Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell
This module provides an overview of the Exchange Management Shell, and describes how to use it to manage Exchange Server 2016 configuration and recipient objects.
- Overview of the Exchange Management Shell
- Managing Exchange Server 2016 by using Exchange Management Shell
- Managing Exchange Server 2016 by using Exchange Management Shell scripts
Implementing client connectivity
This module describes how to configure and manage Client Access Services in Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains the options for configuring client connectivity, Microsoft Outlook on the web, and mobile messaging.
- Configuring client access services in Exchange Server 2016
- Managing client services
- Client connectivity and publishing of Exchange Server 2016 services
- Configuring Outlook on the web
- Configuring mobile messaging on Exchange Server 2016
Managing high availability in Exchange Server 2016
This module describes the high availability options built into Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains how to configure high availability for Mailbox databases and Client Access services.
- High availability on Exchange Server 2016
- Configuring highly available mailbox databases
- Configuring high availability of Client Access services.
Implementing disaster recovery for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
This module describes the backup and recovery options in Exchange Server 2016 and explains the factors you must consider when you use these options.
- Implementing Exchange Server 2016 backup
- Implementing Exchange Server 2016 recovery
Configuring and managing message transport
This module provides an overview of message transport, and describes how to configure message transport. The module also describes how to configure transport rules and DLP policies to manage message transport.
- Overview of message transport
- Configuring message transport
- Managing transport rules
Configuring antivirus, antispam, and malware protection
This module describes the key features and functionality of an Edge Transport server role in Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains how to configure message security by implementing an antivirus and antispam solution.
- Deploying and managing an Edge Transport server for message security
- Implementing an antivirus solution for Exchange Server 2016
- Implementing an antispam solution for Exchange Server 2016
Implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange Online deployments
This module describes the key features of Exchange Online and Office 365. The module also describes how to manage and migrate to Exchange Online.
- Overview of Exchange Online and Office 365
- Managing Exchange Online
- Implementing the migration to Exchange Online
Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
This module describes how to monitor and troubleshoot Exchange Server 2016. The module explains how to collect and analyze performance data for various Exchange Server recipients and objects. The module also describes how to troubleshoot database issues, connectivity issues, and performance issues.
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2016
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2016
Securing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016
This module describes how to maintain and update an Exchange Server organization. The module explains how to plan and configure administrative security and administrative auditing in Exchange Server 2016.
- Securing Exchange Server with role-based access control (RBAC)
- Configuring audit logging on Exchange Server 2016
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
This 5-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals
how to administer and support Exchange Server 2016. Students will learn how to
install Exchange Server 2016, and how to configure and manage an Exchange
Server environment. The course covers how to manage mail recipients and
public folders, including how to perform bulk operations using Exchange
Management Shell. Students also will learn how to manage client connectivity,
message transport and hygiene, how to implement and manage highly available
Exchange Server deployments, and how to implement back up and disaster
This course is primarily
intended for people aspiring to become enterprise-level messaging
administrators for Exchange Server 2016. IT generalists and help-desk
professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2016 might also take
this course. Students taking this course are expected to have at least two
years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of Windows
Server administration, network administration, help desk, or system
administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous
Exchange Server versions.