Introduction to Microsoft Azure
This module starts with a general overview of cloud computing, and then focuses on Microsoft Azure and its technologies that offer integration opportunities. It also introduces the most common methods of interacting with Azure, including the Azure portals, Azure PowerShell, Azure Command-Line Interface (CLI), and Microsoft Visual Studio. The module concludes by covering Azure deployment models, which dictate how you provision and manage Azure services.
- Overview of cloud computing and Azure
- Overview of the Azure deployment models
Integrating with Azure Compute services
This module explores the different compute resources available in Azure in the context of hybrid scenarios. It first explains the differences between Azure Virtual Machines and Azure Cloud Services and how you can use each of them to migrate on-premises workloads. Next, it describes the process of migrating on-premises virtual machines to Azure by using virtual machine images and disks. It also explains the process of extending Big Compute workloads to Azure by integrating them with on-premises high performance computing (HPC) deployments and by using Azure Batch. The module concludes with an explanation on containers and Azure Service Fabric.
- Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
- Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
- Extending HPC workloads to Azure
- Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
Integrating with Microsoft Azure virtual networks
This module introduces the Azure Virtual Network service and its components. It also describes how to implement Azure virtual networks and integrate them with your on-premises computing resources by establishing direct network connectivity between the two environments.
- Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
- Extending on-premises networks to Azure
Integrating with Azure Storage and data services
This module starts with a description of Azure Storage types and their capabilities. It then describes Azure Backup, StorSimple hybrid storage solution, Microsoft SQL Server Stretch Database, Azure Data Factory with Data Management Gateway, and Azure Content Delivery Network. It concludes with a detailed walkthrough of the implementation of Azure Recovery Services agent-based and Microsoft Azure Backup Server-based backups.
- ? Overview of Azure Storage and data services
- Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
Designing and implementing Azure Site Recovery solutions
This module presents the main features of Azure Site Recovery and the scenarios it supports. It also describes the planning considerations for Azure Site Recovery, the different types of implementations of Azure as a disaster recovery site for on-premises workloads, and the disaster recovery capabilities that StorSimple offers. You will become familiar with the process of planning Site Recovery deployment and will step through a sample deployment.
- Overview of Site Recovery
- Planning for Site Recovery
- Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
Designing and implementing cross-premises applications
This module presents the most common solutions that facilitate implementation of cross-premises applications, including Azure RemoteApp, Traffic Manager, and Hybrid Connections with the Web Apps feature of Azure App Service. It also describes the process of implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps.
- Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
- Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
Integrating operations and application monitoring and management
This module presents Azure-based services that deliver monitoring and management functionality for on-premises workloads. These services include Microsoft Operations Management Suite with its Log Analytics, Microsoft Azure Automation with its support for on-premises systems based on Hybrid Runbook Worker functionality, and Visual Studio Application Insights. This module also describes the process of implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions.
- Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions