Introduction to SQL Server 2016
Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
What’s New in SQL Server Performance
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance.
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
What’s New in SQL Server Security?
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security.
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
This module introduces what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability.
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
This module introduces reporting and BI enhancements and new features in SQL Server 2016.
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
At the end of this module you will be able to describe data access enhancements in SQL Server 2016.
- Enhancements to Integration Services
New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
This module describes enhancements in SQL Server OLAP.
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
This module describes new SQL Server cloud functionality.
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
This three-day instructor-led course provides
students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the
new features in SQL Server 2016.
The primary audience for this course are existing
database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update
their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additional this course is for existing SQL
Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016